When creating a story, there is always a viewpoint of “how far will it be convenient”. This time, I will explain the so-called “conventional principle”.
For self-sacrificing stories
1 The story begins with a happy everyday life. 2 The hero always encounters a notch event. You are in trouble. 3 However, it encounters trouble but is not the first victim. In other words, survive. 4 You will be forced into a situation where you have to solve problems. This is why it is said to be a self-sacrifice story. 5 However, I'm aware of how to solve the problem. You can imagine that it is a series of hardships, but you can't get lost or have time.
6 When trying to solve a problem, try and error repeatedly. As expected, the road to resolution is a series of hardships. 7 During trial and error, you will grow up with repeated encounters and separations with people, and you will steadily approach troubleshooting. 8 Sometimes rivals and bad guys get in the way. 9 However, there will be no opponents that can never be defeated. Using everything you have, you can connect to the last minute. 10 You may lose important things. 11 Even losing important things makes sense and trouble is solved.
Think about the story of self-sacrifice on a opportunistic basis
- 1: Convenient and peaceful everyday .
- 2: Incident occurs when it is inconvenient .
- 3: Conveniently, the main character survives .
- 4: Undesirable missions occur due to inconvenience .
- 5: Conveniently, the hero knows the solution .
- 6: Repeated failures many times inconveniently .
- 7: Conveniently, there are friends and teachers who support and lead the hero .
- 8: Inconvenient, there are powerful disturbers .
- 9: Conveniently, if the main character grows up and puts out all the power, only the distracters who can manage it will come out .
- 10: When it is inconvenient, it seems to lose important things .
- 11: Conveniently, there is a different meaning to the important things you lost, which leads to problem solving .
That said, things that are good and bad come alternately in the story. And what I want to pay attention to is that what's convenient is basically "happy for unfortunate". In the case of a self-sacrificing story, what happens in the main story is basically a series of unhappiness and unhappiness in happiness, and a happy time comes before the problem occurs and when it is resolved.
For self-fulfilling stories
1 It begins with everyday life where you cannot imagine a happy future 2 The protagonist will always meet the events that are notched. Seize the chance to succeed. This is why it is said to be a story of self-actualization. 3 However, it is not understood by the surroundings. It seems that you are chasing a stupid dream or you can't stop doing it. 4 However, you can always meet friends who follow your dreams together. That person may be a strange person, but an important collaborator. 5 Repeat the trial and error many times to get the chance. As expected, the road to dreams is a series of hardships.
6 During trial and error, you will grow up with repeated encounters and separations, and you will steadily bring your dream to life. 7 Sometimes rivals and bad guys get in the way. 8 However, there will be no opponents that can never be defeated. Using everything you have, you can connect to the last minute. 9 You may lose important things. 10 Even losing important things makes sense, seizing opportunities and making success.
Thinking about self-fulfillment stories on a conscientious basis
- 1: Inconvenient, dark everyday.
- 2: Conveniently, the main character has a chance.
- 3: Unfortunately, the hero’s idea is not understood by others.
- 4: Conveniently, the main character seeks success by gaining an understanding.
- 5: To be inconvenient, it will be repeated many times.
- 6: Conveniently, there are friends and teachers who support the hero.
- 7: Conveniently, there are powerful disturbers.
- 8: Conveniently, if the main character grows up and puts out all the power, only the distracting person who can manage it will come out.
- 9: When it is inconvenient, it seems to lose important things.
- 10: Conveniently, there is another meaning to the important things you lost, which leads to success.
In the same way, self-fulfilling stories, like self-sacrificing stories, alternate between convenient and bad things. And what I want to pay attention to is convenience. In the story of self-sacrifice, it was basically “fortunate during misfortune”. On the other hand, in the case of a self-fulfilling story, it is basically a “small hope” that leads to a breakthrough in success. In the case of a self-fulfilling story, what happens in the main story is basically a series of misfortune and a glimpse of hope to get out of it, and a happy time comes when you grab hope.
What is Deus Exmakina?
The story comes alternately with good times and bad times. When drawing them, if there is no advance forward or hidden lines, convincing will be low. Deus Exmakina refers to a development that is not very convincing. When it is inconvenient, the development that is convenient for the hero tends to be thought of as Deus Exmakina, but when it is convenient, even if the development is inconvenient for the hero, it is still satisfactory if it can not be convincing It is a thing that becomes a low story.
At the end
In the story, it was a story that the basics were the development of alternating good and bad things. This convenience also affects the viewer's emotions. If convenient development continues, you will not be depressed, but you will get tired, and if unfavorable development continues, you may get tired but tired. I hope this article helps you with storytelling. This article is translated from Japanese to English by Google machine translation. Can you read it? I will see you around.